Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dota 2 Skins

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I see you guys have a section for skins. Do you think the dota 2 community will embrace skins and mods?

I have been a big fan of modding for quite some time.

Posted · Report post

I hope there are community modders for skins. Always good to see them down the road. I hope there aren't any server side.

Posted · Report post

Skins aren't bad. I just think they should be left client side. Adding server side adds a weird advantage.

Posted · Report post

Having the option to buy skins like LoL will be a money maker for Valve. Their business model will determine what will happen with skins i think

Posted · Report post

Having the option to buy skins like LoL will be a money maker for Valve. Their business model will determine what will happen with skins i think

Very true. I think even if its a 1 time cost an in game reward currency will still give them skin purchases or something along those lines to avoid the game being stagnant.

Posted · Report post

If valve makes dota2 f2p, they will deifnately make skins cost money. If they don't make it F2P I think they will have skins as part of achivements. IE 10/100/1000/10000 kills for new costume, 10/100/1000/10000 assist for new weapon, stuff like that maybe.

They will definitely embrace mods for sure. Mods are way too big of a factor these days.

Posted · Report post

The thing I like about Valve/Steam are the achievements. This will definitely put an edge over LoL and stuff. I mean how many people are addicted to getting achievements? Seriously.

Posted · Report post

I know this one guy, who got this achievement on Metal gear solid... He had to play the game over the 8th time... Basicly you need to beat the game, no alerts, no kills, pure trank under a certain time for this achievement lol... Some people are achievement crazy...

Posted · Report post

I think the skins will be Valve bought and not custom made.

Posted · Report post

I personally enjoy skins on heroes. Not only is it a huge cash-driver for Valve but it adds flavor and customization to heroes that can, after a period of time, become tired.

I hope they make skins, honestly. I'd appreciate server side of course, if not you can't expect people to transact. You find that peoples' memory of the heroes comes with the silhouette and not color differences.

Though I would still love community made client-side skins, the community always comes up with the best ideas.

Posted · Report post

I agree with the skins. As long as they dont change the sillouhettes of the character im ok. I am sure some tournamenta though will notcallow custom skins as it throws people off etc its really a qq factor for some. If dota 2 is f2p then skins and customization will be a major rvenue driver

Posted · Report post

I agree with the skins. As long as they dont change the sillouhettes of the character im ok. I am sure some tournamenta though will notcallow custom skins as it throws people off etc its really a qq factor for some. If dota 2 is f2p then skins and customization will be a major rvenue driver

I just hope they don't have talent trees like in LoL or levels with skills. That throws off the game entirely. I don't think it would be dota 2 thotugh and from my indications I don't think they will

Posted · Report post

I don't know but I do like client side skins too. Does help me out sometimes. Hopefully there is a community

Posted · Report post

hope so... i love skins!

Posted · Report post

This will be a primary way to make money for Valve I am positive.

Posted · Report post

WHERE ARE MY HATS AT....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fortune' timestamp='1325222889' post='4773']
WHERE ARE MY HATS AT....
[/quote]

I am curious as well - has anyone heard anything about when this will be implemented? Probably not in beta huh?

Posted · Report post

It's going to happen for sure when the game releases. It's like staple thing now in MOBA games these days.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MindBane' timestamp='1325439996' post='4808']
I am curious as well - has anyone heard anything about when this will be implemented? Probably not in beta huh?
[/quote]

Probably not at this stage of Beta. I think it's still way too early. We're missing a lot of heroes. Get those heroes in!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Killacam' timestamp='1319680494' post='1893']
I just hope they don't have talent trees like in LoL or levels with skills. That throws off the game entirely. I don't think it would be dota 2 thotugh and from my indications I don't think they will
[/quote]

I dont think they will. They announced that Dota 2 will be the same as the old Dota gamewise. They just wanted to revamp the graphics.

Posted · Report post

I for one am a huge fan of mods and skins they keep games fresh and fun (so long as no one is modding to cheat xD) I really hope I can find some cool ones if they come out : D

Posted · Report post

I think Valve will end up making skins cost money. Just so they can rake in some more cash, even thought they don't need it.

Posted · Report post

if its "free to play" and they have skins ill end up spending like 200$ again and i dont want to do that

after playing LoL i prefer paying flat 60$ for a game

Posted · Report post

Yeah no skins in beta, I'm sure. Even if they don't implement skins, the modding community will oblige with that.