Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If I am "High" how do I get "Very High" skill bracket

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Topic.

It kinda seems like I am trending on HIGH as solo queue.

How do you reach the Very High skill bracket games? Do you need to get a group?

Posted · Report post

Don't need go make a group, just need to win games and improve. Using the dbr rating i think top 5% are in the bracket, so if your close to that a few wins could put you in the very high bracket.

Posted · Report post

no need.. i made it myself to very high queue with solo..

Posted · Report post

I was tweener between high and very high (being pretty 50/50) until me and mala_chor started pubbing together for a few days and went on a 20 win steak with me + him.

I've been remaining in very high ever since. That streak put me over the hump for good.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sextuplet' timestamp='1361435970' post='53572']
One word. Win
[/quote]
This.

I once reached solo very high after a winstreak

Posted · Report post

Those skill brackets shown under the watch tab dont mean much. They just tell you the general rating of the game in which you participated. Already had games where I was toghether with 4 idiots playing vs 4 idiots and 1 very good guy - they were ranked as normal. The next game was "very high" with 10 equally skilled players.

Try not to improve in the given skill rating as long as it is so random. It does not reflect your skill any accurate since it is based on WLR only (even tho the blues at dota2dev forum reject it, tought they reject any other propositions aswell). Just make sure to play good, enjoy your games and if possible, play with as many friends or even a team.

Posted · Report post

Yeah believe me. If you think you are an average player, you most likely won't get into very high. The MM system is designed to place players around your skill level. So you either need to practice and bring your skill level to the next level or stay content where you are.