Welcome to Dota 2 Canada
Register now to gain access to our Dota 2 Trade section, Dota 2 betting section and forums. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox

Watch the Canada Cup on Dota TV or Twitch TV

@  Joker : (20 March 2014 - 02:34 PM) If you guys are wondering why this forum is a ghost town. We've shifted strategies into Tournament organization + Social media. <3 you all. - Canada cup team
@  Joker : (20 March 2014 - 02:33 PM) @Crytch wp!
@  Crytch : (20 March 2014 - 07:10 AM) how annoying is this mmr low prio system. went afk 1 time in a lost game and my mates said np they wont report me so i thought i wouldnt go into LP... but i went into low prio for 7 games. WP volvo
@  Champion117 : (15 March 2014 - 02:36 PM) anyone looking to play some ranked mmr
@  noah0010 : (13 March 2014 - 05:08 PM) LOL at that video. :)
@  fourthirty : (22 February 2014 - 06:48 AM) Tomorrow, Canada, Sweden will take you on in the olympic finals! Hopefully it'll be a good game.
@  Nights : (20 February 2014 - 06:24 PM) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HmZYgqBp1gI
@  Zurglmi : (17 February 2014 - 10:46 PM) Ah, MooningCat, I knew I already saw that nickname before ! :D
@  Crytch : (13 February 2014 - 04:20 PM) http://dotabuff.com/matches/517982926 dire carry... lol :D
@  Nights : (12 February 2014 - 08:43 AM) @ThePro-G If I was still playing DotA on a fairly regular basis that's probably all I'd play. Always loved "OMG" mode and this is a more "Balanced" approach to it.
@  ThePro-G : (11 February 2014 - 11:38 PM) Anyone else loving AD MODE?! lol. having so many shits and giggles with it.
@  MooningCat : (11 February 2014 - 06:59 AM) @Crytch Redhoof worth nothing, I got like 4 of them.
@  Crytch : (09 February 2014 - 02:46 PM) random genuine redhoof drop, life is good again
@  fourthirty : (07 February 2014 - 03:01 PM) @Fayth http://static.fjcdn....15e_5008216.png no idea if this is true though
@  Fayth : (07 February 2014 - 12:07 PM) The Sochi Olympics: http://i.imgur.com/hi9HbCr.jpg
@  Crytch : (07 February 2014 - 10:39 AM) @Joker http://dotabuff.com/matches/507752462
@  Joker : (07 February 2014 - 10:32 AM) Hi everyone, S3 is just around the corner. Check our homepage for details soon. Thanks :)
@  Joker : (07 February 2014 - 10:32 AM) @Crytch i am disappoint..no bfury
@  Crytch : (06 February 2014 - 09:04 AM) dota is getting weird... pudge carry: http://dotabuff.com/matches/503856665
@  Crytch : (02 February 2014 - 10:52 AM) 7 games lost in a row, -150 points. there are days, just retards... last game, "me mid" into dazzle pick ending up feeding and afk-ing... WP VOLVO with this mmr

Photo

Greevil Egg, the real "what does it do"-Thread

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Crytch

Crytch

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,550 posts
  • 376 Forum Gold
  • Joined 01-August 12
  • Steam: Opens In A New Window
For greevling mini game (winter event) stats skills and other information check this thread as well.

http://dota-2.co/top...l-combos-stats/

*START OF DIRETIDE EVENT GREEVIL BUILDS*

(Still applicable to Winter event for building new greevil couriers)

It is said (by some elder sage or other) that the hatchlings are highly susceptible, and that each essence exerts a unique influence on the incubating creature. Is there method to this madness? Trial and error, and some comparison of results, will surely reveal the rules of Greevil husbandry.

this basically means that different essences will affect the outcome of the egg when it hatches, this is mainly a thread to try and gather information about the different possible outcomes and how to get them.
first things first....

Each Egg has 9 slots for essences, don't be fooled by the appearance of 15 slots (the other 6 slots are just a visual indication of how the colors combine to generate green/orange/purple) :

3 red slots (Exort essence)
3 Blue slots (Quas Essence)
3 Yellow slots (Wex Essence)

Different Types of essences :
Quas Essence
Wex Essence
Exort Essence
Unusual Essence
Strange Essence
Subtle Essence
Shadow Essence

WARNING : for those of you who are willing to experiment, DON'T use a shadow essence on an egg that already contains other types of essences, it will always convert into a dreaded egg (Black) no matter what, and your essences already put into the egg will be kinda useless, since you can just put a shadow essence into an empty egg to get the same result

Different Egg outcomes according to essences feeded:

The difference in level between courier types results in different animations for them.

Red Eggs : (Majority of Red Essences)
Ferocious Egg (Red type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 1
Brutal Egg (Red type 2) : 2 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 2
Merciless Egg (Red type 3) : 3 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 3

Yellow Eggs : (Majority of Yellow Essences)
Anxious Egg (Yellow type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 1
Eager Egg (Yellow type 2) : 2 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 2
Spirited Egg (Yellow type 3) : 3 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 3

Blue Eggs : (Majority of Blue Essences)

Stubborn Egg (Blue type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 1
Resolute Egg (Blue type 2) : 2 Quas Essence, , Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 2
Determined Egg (Blue type 3) : 3 Quas Essence, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 3

Green Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Yellow Essences)

Covetous Egg (Green type 1) : 2 Quas/ 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 2
Greedy Egg (Green type 2) : 3 Quas/ 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 3

Orange Eggs : (Majority of Red/Yellow Essences)

Ravenous Egg (Orange type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 2
Voracious Egg (Orange type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 3

Purple Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Red Essences)

Cruel Egg (Purple type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 2
Wicked Egg (Purple type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 3

White Eggs (Majority of Red/Yellow/Blue Essences)

Blessed Egg (White type 1) : 2 Quas/2 Wex/2 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 2
Seraphic Egg (White type 2) : 3 Quas/3 Wex/ 3 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 3 (Source, Confirmed Thanks Treguard)

Black Eggs

Dreaded Egg (Black type 1) : 1 Shadow Essence, Hatch outcome : Black Greevil Level 0

Natural Eggs
Imbued Egg (Natural type 1): 1 essence of any type except shadow OR All other combinations, Hatch outcome : Normal Greevil Level 1 (Naked)

SPECULATIONS : (Please confirm these or deny them if you got any proof)
Unusual essence will not change the egg color or the outcome, but it might cause the courier to be unusual??

IF the speculation about unusual essence is correct, will strange essence cause the courier to be strange?

what exactly does the subtle essence do ?

Adding a shadow essence into an egg will always turn it into a dreaded egg no matter what type of essences you had before, or even if it was empty, and it prevents you from adding more essences (Source, Confirmed thanks shepherdlui.)

Eggs will hatch after the event is over, and not anytime before.

Egg outcomes will be Greevil Couriers, The Greevil will have a number of different parts ranging from Ears, Eyes, Hair, Horns, Nose, Tails, Teeth and Wings. He will also come in a range of different colours etc. The combination you get will be determined from whatever essences you feed your egg. (Source, Confirmed Thanks Cyborgmatt.)

lets try to make this post as informative as possible so people can get the most out of this event within its duration. (and try to get as many people contributing to this, the more input the faster this gets completed and confirmed)

Happy Diretide. Posted Image

http://www.playdota....d.php?t=1148520

There are few men with more blood on their hands than me. None, that I know of.
The Bloody-Nine they call me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ’em. Always more enemies, and fewer friends.
Blood gets you nothing but more blood.
It follows me now, always, like my shadow, and like my shadow I can never be free of it.
I should never be free of it.
I’ve earned it.
I’ve deserved it.
I’ve sought it out.

Such is my punishment.

feederguy

feederguy

Failboat

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • 71 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 12
very informative, thanks. just saw the event on dotacinema, the item drops look really generous...

Sextuplet

Sextuplet

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

• Members
  • 2,722 posts
  • 70 Forum Gold
  • Joined 23-August 12
Posted Image

Dota2.ca

Dota2.ca

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,607 posts
  • 1,484 Forum Gold
  • Joined 06-September 11
Love it thanks guys.

Dota 2 Canada - Canada's Dota 2 Forum

fourthirty

fourthirty

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,669 posts
  • 1,163 Forum Gold
  • Joined 23-July 12
Thanks a lot, I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it :D

61879873.png

Maplelaughs

Maplelaughs

The dragon comes for war

• Members
  • 1,134 posts
  • 4,680 Forum Gold
  • Joined 06-October 11
Thanks guys!

kyawtun

kyawtun

Uproot and after them!

• Banned
  • 413 posts
  • 2 Forum Gold
  • Joined 19-August 12
thank you for the info

Emberghost

Emberghost

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • 1 Forum Gold
  • Joined 26-July 12
Really good job on the info.

Burrowed

Burrowed

Failboat

• Dota2.ca Staff
  • 366 posts
  • 32 Forum Gold
  • Joined 02-November 11
Is it weird that naked looks the best? Big question is what unusually essences will do to the egg.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 GPU: Sapphire ATI 5830 Mobo: MSI 890FX-GD70

PSU: Cooler Master GX-750W Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

RAM: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz, 4GB Corsair XPS3 1600Mhz

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX

Posted Image

psymmx

psymmx

Uproot and after them!

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • 508 Forum Gold
  • Joined 23-September 12
+6000 views, this thread is op.
Posted Image

Archon

Archon

Blackhole!!!

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • 260 Forum Gold
  • Joined 01-January 12
Good to know, thanks for the post!

MooningCat

MooningCat

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • 5,424 Forum Gold
  • Joined 22-August 12
Thanks!

New guides coming soon, still testing out the last details!

Pouleriko

Pouleriko

Failboat

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • 269 Forum Gold
  • Joined 25-August 12
Thanks!! but i already sold a myth essence :( i wanted the black courier!

Edited by Pouleriko, 31 October 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

alz

alz

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • 12 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-July 12
when the event is gonna end? i dont want to miss it :(

alz

alz

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • 12 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-July 12

Crytch

Crytch

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,550 posts
  • 376 Forum Gold
  • Joined 01-August 12

12. november it seems (not confirmed!)

atleast at this point essences will be removed.

Big question is what unusually essences will do to the egg.

was speculated in the OP-text:

SPECULATIONS : (Please confirm these or deny them if you got any proof)
Unusual essence will not change the egg color or the outcome, but it might cause the courier to be unusual??

IF the speculation about unusual essence is correct, will strange essence cause the courier to be strange?

+6000 views, this thread is op.

13k + views in 24 hours, imo i should get 1 FG for each view B)

:ph34r:

Edited by Crytch, 01 November 2012 - 07:12 AM.

There are few men with more blood on their hands than me. None, that I know of.
The Bloody-Nine they call me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ’em. Always more enemies, and fewer friends.
Blood gets you nothing but more blood.
It follows me now, always, like my shadow, and like my shadow I can never be free of it.
I should never be free of it.
I’ve earned it.
I’ve deserved it.
I’ve sought it out.

Such is my punishment.

Burazsel

Burazsel

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 6 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-October 12
Nice :D
Rule number one of every game or con: "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.”
Rule number two: "The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent. "

fourthirty

fourthirty

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,669 posts
  • 1,163 Forum Gold
  • Joined 23-July 12

Posted Image

The one in the middle in the second row is the orange one right? I'm colourblind so I wanna be sure I'm making the right one.

And once again, thanks for thread :)

Edited by fourthirty, 01 November 2012 - 03:13 PM.

61879873.png

alz

alz

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • 12 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-July 12
diretide event still playable now? someone told me that diretide end on 1st nov.. but if 12 nov that would be great..

Dota2.ca

Dota2.ca

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,607 posts
  • 1,484 Forum Gold
  • Joined 06-September 11

diretide event still playable now? someone told me that diretide end on 1st nov.. but if 12 nov that would be great..

Still up as of now. I think its until the 12th

Dota 2 Canada - Canada's Dota 2 Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users