Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dota 2 Commendation System

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So just saw this.

Added a commendation system, which allows you to commend players who made your game a happier experience, and report anyone being hostile. You can commend or report a player by clicking their name in the main menu, in-game scoreboard or end game score screen.

Perhaps some xbox live style feedback to weed out the flamers and trolls vs good natured players?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dota2.ca' timestamp='1319779522' post='2023']
So just saw this.

Added a commendation system, which allows you to commend players who made your game a happier experience, and report anyone being hostile. You can commend or report a player by clicking their name in the main menu, in-game scoreboard or end game score screen.

Perhaps some xbox live style feedback to weed out the flamers and trolls vs good natured players?
[/quote]
Hopefully that's the case and it'll be tool to make the community function much better. If it's anything like the xbox live feature then it's pretty worthless, since it really do much except you were less likely to meet them in matchmaking. I trolled CoD4 players on xbox live back in the days and I got a lot of bad reputation points from it and only 40% of players liked me rofl. I still was able to find all the game and did not effect my trollery :P Of course I don't do that anymore since I have matured as a gamer but It'll be interesting to see how this would work in practice.

Posted · Report post

That sucksssss - No more crap talking?

Is there an incentive for reporting other players?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Spectre89' timestamp='1319817066' post='2052']
That sucksssss - No more crap talking?

Is there an incentive for reporting other players?
[/quote]

I'm sure a large amount of shittalking will be allowed/looked over.
This is a "karma" system. If you actively make the game more enjoyable for others, people will give you + "karma."
If you actively ruin/screw the game up for others, you'll get - "karma."

Personally I think there should be a reward for those with a large amount of + "karma," but I can see this being a huge troll feature for some who'll just vote everyone down for shits and giggles, so I hope there is a failsafe in place.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Erakith' timestamp='1319817854' post='2057']
I'm sure a large amount of shittalking will be allowed/looked over.
This is a "karma" system. If you actively make the game more enjoyable for others, people will give you + "karma."
If you actively ruin/screw the game up for others, you'll get - "karma."

Personally I think there should be a reward for those with a large amount of + "karma," but I can see this being a huge troll feature for some who'll just vote everyone down for shits and giggles, so I hope there is a failsafe in place.
[/quote]Agreed trolls gonna troll man. I hope there is a reward system for being good karma too

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bowlcut' timestamp='1319817913' post='2059']
Agreed trolls gonna troll man. I hope there is a reward system for being good karma too
[/quote]I think trash talking is part of the game though. If you penalize them too much then it becomes too politically correct. I think it should be like old b.net wild west style. Anything goes nearly