Welcome to Dota 2 Canada
Register now to gain access to our Dota 2 Trade section, Dota 2 betting section and forums. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox

Watch the Canada Cup on Dota TV or Twitch TV

@  RoZi : (15 May 2014 - 04:26 PM) @Joker, Foruming is actually pretty fun though. You should keep it running as well.
@  Joker : (20 March 2014 - 02:34 PM) If you guys are wondering why this forum is a ghost town. We've shifted strategies into Tournament organization + Social media. <3 you all. - Canada cup team
@  Joker : (20 March 2014 - 02:33 PM) @Crytch wp!
@  Crytch : (20 March 2014 - 07:10 AM) how annoying is this mmr low prio system. went afk 1 time in a lost game and my mates said np they wont report me so i thought i wouldnt go into LP... but i went into low prio for 7 games. WP volvo
@  Champion117 : (15 March 2014 - 02:36 PM) anyone looking to play some ranked mmr
@  noah0010 : (13 March 2014 - 05:08 PM) LOL at that video. :)
@  fourthirty : (22 February 2014 - 06:48 AM) Tomorrow, Canada, Sweden will take you on in the olympic finals! Hopefully it'll be a good game.
@  Nights : (20 February 2014 - 06:24 PM) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HmZYgqBp1gI
@  Zurglmi : (17 February 2014 - 10:46 PM) Ah, MooningCat, I knew I already saw that nickname before ! :D
@  Crytch : (13 February 2014 - 04:20 PM) http://dotabuff.com/matches/517982926 dire carry... lol :D
@  Nights : (12 February 2014 - 08:43 AM) @ThePro-G If I was still playing DotA on a fairly regular basis that's probably all I'd play. Always loved "OMG" mode and this is a more "Balanced" approach to it.
@  ThePro-G : (11 February 2014 - 11:38 PM) Anyone else loving AD MODE?! lol. having so many shits and giggles with it.
@  MooningCat : (11 February 2014 - 06:59 AM) @Crytch Redhoof worth nothing, I got like 4 of them.
@  Crytch : (09 February 2014 - 02:46 PM) random genuine redhoof drop, life is good again
@  fourthirty : (07 February 2014 - 03:01 PM) @Fayth http://static.fjcdn....15e_5008216.png no idea if this is true though
@  Fayth : (07 February 2014 - 12:07 PM) The Sochi Olympics: http://i.imgur.com/hi9HbCr.jpg
@  Crytch : (07 February 2014 - 10:39 AM) @Joker http://dotabuff.com/matches/507752462
@  Joker : (07 February 2014 - 10:32 AM) Hi everyone, S3 is just around the corner. Check our homepage for details soon. Thanks :)
@  Joker : (07 February 2014 - 10:32 AM) @Crytch i am disappoint..no bfury
@  Crytch : (06 February 2014 - 09:04 AM) dota is getting weird... pudge carry: http://dotabuff.com/matches/503856665

Photo

Best Lane Combo

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

LittleCavi

LittleCavi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 51 Forum Gold
  • Joined 13-April 12
In your opinion what are the best lane combo of 2 heros?
For example a funny combo that i use to do is the PUGNAMAGI(pugna + ogre magi) it's very funny because your enemy explode like dynamite :D.
A strong 2 stunner combo is tiny+centaur but is a lot famous.

What's your ones?

TimothySmithe

TimothySmithe

Uproot and after them!

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • 884 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 11
Hmm maybe sk + lina is a pretty deadly one

LittleCavi

LittleCavi

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 51 Forum Gold
  • Joined 13-April 12
Another one really funny is Techies + Rubick! Throw your enemis to the mine :P

Slicerider

Slicerider

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • 64 Forum Gold
  • Joined 24-March 12
Crystal Maiden + Juggernaut, for pretty obvious reasons

Burrowed

Burrowed

Failboat

• Dota2.ca Staff
  • 366 posts
  • 32 Forum Gold
  • Joined 02-November 11
  • Steam: Opens In A New Window
Ursa, AA is amazing. Once Ursa gets phase its GG.

PotM + SK. With a good SK stun, both creeps can die and the enemy hero gets stunned, allowing an easy arrow.

The classic PL +KotL. Just too heavy of nukes to stay in the lane. Lance slow = easy illuminate and with Chakra mana will not be an issue.

SD + Kunnka. Disruption + Soul Catcher + Torrent.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 GPU: Sapphire ATI 5830 Mobo: MSI 890FX-GD70

PSU: Cooler Master GX-750W Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

RAM: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz, 4GB Corsair XPS3 1600Mhz

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX

Posted Image

Fayth

Fayth

Lich King

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts
  • 2,562 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 11
Ultimate annoying combo: Venomancer, Viper

I say it's pretty rage inducing lol.

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pkfayth

Dota 2 buff: https://dotabuff.com/players/2556292

Favourite Heroes: Night Stalker, Nyx Assassin, Templar Assassin

Posted ImagePosted Image

Apos

Apos

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • 192 Forum Gold
  • Joined 07-February 12

Ultimate annoying combo: Venomancer, Viper

I say it's pretty rage inducing lol.

They are both pretty squishy and a good support can out-harrass them if played well. If they are against a double melee or solo melee lane though, they got some serious trouble.

Tiny-Slandar is devastating if things get going. Farming the mana boots might be tricky though since both are melee,but after that the lane is absolutely theirs.
Rylai+morphling can harrass extrelemely bad as well. Especially if morph stacks a basilius on top of rylai's aura. They have a total of 4 skills to harrass with and zero mana problems.
Rylai+Yurnero is a bit overrated. Yurnero+ Rhasta can be much more deadly, yet a little less forgiving on mana.

One thing that I wonder about but I have never tried myself or seen in action is Bloodseeker+silencer. Silencer focusing on the curse and bloodseeker silencing and damaging on top of it. It could be deadly actually.

And the usual pudge+techies, rubick+techies, etc, combos, that require a tad higher skill cap to manage,but are equally painful. In my opinion they are not worth the trouble though. Better get that pudge on mid,or have rubick babysit the carry,etc. If something goes wrong with these combos,there is no way back into the game for these heroes since they are all more level than item dependant.

Fayth

Fayth

Lich King

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts
  • 2,562 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 11

They are both pretty squishy and a good support can out-harrass them if played well. If they are against a double melee or solo melee lane though, they got some serious trouble.

Tiny-Slandar is devastating if things get going. Farming the mana boots might be tricky though since both are melee,but after that the lane is absolutely theirs.
Rylai+morphling can harrass extrelemely bad as well. Especially if morph stacks a basilius on top of rylai's aura. They have a total of 4 skills to harrass with and zero mana problems.
Rylai+Yurnero is a bit overrated. Yurnero+ Rhasta can be much more deadly, yet a little less forgiving on mana.

One thing that I wonder about but I have never tried myself or seen in action is Bloodseeker+silencer. Silencer focusing on the curse and bloodseeker silencing and damaging on top of it. It could be deadly actually.

And the usual pudge+techies, rubick+techies, etc, combos, that require a tad higher skill cap to manage,but are equally painful. In my opinion they are not worth the trouble though. Better get that pudge on mid,or have rubick babysit the carry,etc. If something goes wrong with these combos,there is no way back into the game for these heroes since they are all more level than item dependant.

Well that is true, but a single support can't really out harass them both since, Viper can you hit you while near creeps, because he has an orb, and Veno has Gale and Sting which will make you super slow. Of course it depends on the lanes, and ofc the weakness is they have no stun, but their right clicking power and slows are just really annoying and strong. Also Venomancer is probably is on the best harassing support hero in the game.

Silencer, Bloodseeker works well they you have someone that has a low mana spell like blink or something, and very situational. Very unconventional lane setup too since they both are solo heroes.

Another cool combo is Broodmother and Omniknight. Brood just gets close to the enemy and Omni heals her. Most the time they won't suspect it since Brood is invisible in her web. Then she can just auto attack harass :P

Posted ImagePosted Image

Burrowed

Burrowed

Failboat

• Dota2.ca Staff
  • 366 posts
  • 32 Forum Gold
  • Joined 02-November 11

Problem is they will be stomped by any good lane in the first few levels. They will be so badly out-harassed and denied, that the enemy team will have such an advantage landing the combo will effectively do nothing. Tiny needs too many levels too not be solo for later in the game as well.

Decent combo, but against a good lane will not be able to get the kill. You will still have mana problems until level 5, so not invincible. Morph will be able to get good farm though so it is nice, but not the best.

The reason why CM+jugg is better than SS+jugg is about range. With good casting CM can slow from 1100 range, forcing even ranged enemies to be scared at all times. Hex (which is usually skipped early game) has a range of only 500, while shackle has even less range at 400. Making it obvious whenever the SS+jugg is going for a kill, and allows the enemy to walk away.

You are sticking two carries in the lane for decent harass. You then also force two things: 1) BS is a lower level and forced to spend more then 1 point in bloodrage early, greatly harms his mid-game ganking 2)silencer to put points in CotS (which after numerous remakes is still a very weak skill, that professionals always skip). In addition to the fact that two semi-carries have to split the farm(or have one of the two heroes a useless support).

Another cool combo is Broodmother and Omniknight. Brood just gets close to the enemy and Omni heals her. Most the time they won't suspect it since Brood is invisible in her web. Then she can just auto attack harass :P

Until the enemy gets sentries, and you get harassed out of the creep lane.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 GPU: Sapphire ATI 5830 Mobo: MSI 890FX-GD70

PSU: Cooler Master GX-750W Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

RAM: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz, 4GB Corsair XPS3 1600Mhz

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX

Posted Image

TimothySmithe

TimothySmithe

Uproot and after them!

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • 884 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 11
Dota 2 is limited in the "lol annoying combos" but dota has countless ones. It comes down a lot of the times to the exp of the player facing them too. A scrub may think two melee is OP or something but at a higher tier it might be a nother combo.

Ps So offtopic but Fayth you have epic sigs always LOL.

Beelo

Beelo

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • 242 Forum Gold
  • Joined 24-October 11
omni + any invis? tiny bane?
Posted Image

Fayth

Fayth

Lich King

• Moderators
  • 1,354 posts
  • 2,562 Forum Gold
  • Joined 20-September 11

Dota 2 is limited in the "lol annoying combos" but dota has countless ones. It comes down a lot of the times to the exp of the player facing them too. A scrub may think two melee is OP or something but at a higher tier it might be a nother combo.

Ps So offtopic but Fayth you have epic sigs always LOL.

lol ty Tim.

Sorry carry on people.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Fvcked

Fvcked

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • 59 Forum Gold
  • Joined 26-June 12
Yurnero + CM . Dk + warlock .

heppa

heppa

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • 3,248 Forum Gold
  • Joined 26-September 11

Yurnero + CM . Dk + warlock .

Sorry why dk and warlock? Heal?

Terencetnt

Terencetnt

Blackhole!!!

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • 11 Forum Gold
  • Joined 22-February 12
Sven + Slar :)

pyk

pyk

The Secret Is Out!

• Members
  • 1,354 posts
  • 431 Forum Gold
  • Joined 10-July 12
naix aa IS RIDICULOUSLY STRONG for some reason idk why it just works nice

Ak47xR3

Ak47xR3

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 20 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-July 12
Ogre Magi and Lich (The Radiant Team) on Bottom lane ;)

Proxx

Proxx

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 51 Forum Gold
  • Joined 31-July 12
Sand king + Ursa on bottom lane!

Chantzehao

Chantzehao

Blackhole!!!

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • 131 Forum Gold
  • Joined 27-July 12
All this talk about techies makes me wish they would be implemented sooner XD

Crytch

Crytch

Quas, Wex, Exort

• Members
  • 1,550 posts
  • 376 Forum Gold
  • Joined 01-August 12

All this talk about techies makes me wish they would be implemented sooner XD

yeah, im awaiting techies since 8 months -.-

There are few men with more blood on their hands than me. None, that I know of.
The Bloody-Nine they call me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ’em. Always more enemies, and fewer friends.
Blood gets you nothing but more blood.
It follows me now, always, like my shadow, and like my shadow I can never be free of it.
I should never be free of it.
I’ve earned it.
I’ve deserved it.
I’ve sought it out.

Such is my punishment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users